Friday 20 September 2013

Drawing again

I'm not gona lie, it's very hard for a creative person, who has a degree in illustration to admit that they have fallen out of love with drawing. But it's true. Art, design, creating has always been my passion and talent since I was literally old enough to put pen to paper and produce coherent images - mostly of Disney characters, monsters and my mum back in those days.

Now as a 24 year old adult, finding that love and inspiration and reworking it into my own creations has felt dead to me. I have all this 'meat' to use and play with, tons of ideas, materials and endless books and magazines to send my brain into overdrive, but I just can't seem to work it.

I keep thinking that it's wrong for me to push it - let it come naturally as it will never escape me - it's part of my make up and personality. So here are the waves on paper, the waves of ignition that must be pouring out of me without me really realising. Some doodles for you...by no means works of art. It's hard when your photoshop has died!!

All drawn with pencil, 0.1 fine liner and paper.













No comments: